Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Thanksgiving is pretty much a routine holiday. Every year, my parents and I have my aunt, uncle, and cousin over. I wake up in the morning just in time to watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade and some football. As family starts to arrive, we put out snacks for everyone. Although, we have plenty of food, we always get full early because of the snacks. Finally, after four hours the turkey is ready. Everyone sits down at the dinner table to say what they are thankful for. After that we just start eating until we are stuffed with food. After dinner, it was time to have dessert. We usually celebrate my sister's and my uncle's birthday on thanksgiving. For dessert, we had a birthday cake, pumpkin, and pecan pie. We have dessert and they open their presents. After a while, my family just sit around the television, relaxing after the big meal. During all this time, I have been thinking about the day after thanksgiving known as "Black Friday". It is the time of year where people stand in line at two in the morning waiting for the stores to open. I was dreding going to work because I knew the store would be crowded for a couple hours. I had to leave my house at around 5:15 in the morning to get to work by 5:30 because of all the ice outside on my windows of my car. It was very cold outside, I am not sure how those people waited in line for hours at a time. Once the store opened, the rush of people came in along with the cool air. The store was crowded for about four hours, then it died down for a while. Since I worked a full shift today, along with the rush, I am about ready to pass out.

No comments: