Friday, November 2, 2007

Earthquake!

On a normal tuesday night at work, the store had just closed. My co-workers and I were cleaning up the store for the next day. As I was counting the money in the register, I saw the windows starting to shake and items in the store started falling from the shelves. I must say I was hesitant of what to do or where to go because I was not expecting an earthquake to happen. My manager ran to the front and told us to run to the doorway. The earthquake lasted for at least thirty seconds. After all the shaking was over, my manager, co-workers and I were afraid another earthquake would happen again. Unfortantely, my manager made us stay to finish cleaning up. We were all very shooken up after the quake. I was hopeing there wouldnt be any strong after shocks. However, I was thankful that there werent any customers in the store or else there would have been a complete craziness.

In an article written by the mercury news confirmed that the earthquake had a magnitude of 5.6 and lasted thirty seconds. The earthquake was caused from the calaveras fault and hit the alum rock area the most. This has been the most powerful earthquake since the Loma Prieta quake in 1989 which was from the San Andreas Fault line. We have many fault lines running through California and we can never tell when another earthquake will hit like it did on tuesday again.


http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_7325191?nclick_check=1

No comments: