Friday, October 26, 2007

Business Classes

As this semester goes by I find myself in a weekly routine. My daily routine has been going to school and work. Last week, I finished the first round of midterms. Based on those exams, Ive been doing pretty well except for my business law class. Being that this is my first business class ever taken, it is very difficult for me. The word usage in my text book is very hard to understand. When I read the chapter, I have to re-read a paragraph two or three times before I am able to understand what the writer was trying to say. There is a study guide used for that class and I dont know what I would do without it. The language used in the study guide is still the same, but its more of a summary. In the back of each chapter in the study guide, it has true/false and multiple choice questions. I seem to do pretty well on those. However, I still need help understanding the material. Sitting in lecture is not going to help me, so I went to the tutoring center but they do not have any tutors for that class.

I emailed my teacher about the problems I've been having. She did give me some suggestions, however, her office hours are very limited because she is an Attorney. So far I am not having any luck finding help for that class. My professor told me that intensive studying is required to appriciate the material. How am I supposed to appriciate the material if I do not understand it. My last resort if probably to find someone in the class who understands the information better than I do. I find my business law class very interesting because all the information is new to me,however, I just do not comprehend the material in the textbook. If anyone knows what I should do, please let me know.

No comments: