Friday, September 28, 2007

Recent Pet Peeves at Work

Working at Staples can be pretty hectic and stressful at times. Some might think that "oh its just staples, how hard could it be?". Well it can be very difficult to deal with. More recently, its the really anal customers that will fight with you for three dollars. Sometimes im about ready to hand them the money out of my own pocket. For instance, I was ringing up some items for a customer who bought a folder that came up on the register as one dollar and seventy-nine cents. She insisted that it was nintey-nine cents. That example is just a mild anal person. Last week, there was another lady, who was purchasing some item that came up to 39.99. Her first reaction was "uhhh no!" Apparently the sign had said something different, who knows if it really did or not. I told her politely that the sign is wrong and she said "well you have got about five of those over there that are wrong". I wanted to tell her something back. I just hate when customers talk down to people who are just trying to do their job. As associates, my co-workers and I cannot disrespect the customers or else they will complain to a manager. The customers just need to learn some respect. One day, I want to find out where they work and treat them the same way they treat us.


I was told that in the Indian culture, the people were taught to talk down to workers in the stores. So when they come over here to America they bring their condescending attitudes with him. That is exactly what happens at Staples. We get the cheap people always trying to get a deal when they know our prices are expensive. It is really annoying how some customers can act in the store. All we ask is for some respect and we will treat you the same way.

No comments: