Thursday, September 13, 2007

This semester.....

Many of my friends, family, co-workers, and aquintances have asked me "how do you like your classes"? or "how is this semester going for you"? Even though I have only been in school for three weeks now, I reply with the same answer "ehh its alright". However, if it was only alright I wouldnt be as exhausted as I have been these past couple weeks. I am taking sixteen units and working an average of 20-25 hours which translates into five classes, physical education class, and a headache. I am going to be honest here; I am not the most athletic person in the world. Therefore, when I'm working out for fifty minutes, two days a week, I tend to feel that burn. Especially, comming from a relaxing summer, not having any aerobic-oriented activity was hard. I have to say tuesdays and thursdays are my most challenging days. For instance, I have to be up by 7 am and I am not a morning person. Then I have to leave my house a couple minutes before 8 to try to make the 8:05 lightrail. However, im not always fortunate when it comes to getting on time to the train. So i get on the other train, it takes thirty minutes to get to school. Of course, I cant read or do homework because I get motion sickness very easily. Anyway, after that long, monotonous ride is over to campus. I have to three classes. Not one..not two..but three! All very important classes I must admit. However, I was not thinking when i gave my availability for work on those two days. I am scheduled at four for work, yet i dont get out of school until 2:45. So, of course I am back on the fun train ride back home for a wonderful thirty minutes. Keep in mind this fun train ride is after three classes, one being the aerobics. Back to it being after school, so I just want to go home. The lightrail takes forever to get to my stop. I usually dont get home until 3:30. Then i have work at four until nine. I do not want to come off the wrong way by complaining about how my life is exhausting. However, the next time anyone asks me about this semester they will kow its not just alright.

No comments: