Thursday, September 20, 2007

Graduate School

After I graduate from San Jose State and receive my bachelors degree in Political Science. I plan on going to go on to Law school. This past week, recruiters from many different graduate schools came to the SJSU campus. I checked out two graduate schools: University of California Hastings in San Francisco and Santa Clara University. However, most law schools enrollment are very competitive. For example, UC Hastings has an enrollment of only 1200 students . In addition, their requirements for admission cost an arm and a leg. One requirement for acceptance is taking the LSAT. I havent even thought about when I am going to take the exam. I am afraid that I wont pass the first time and I might have to lose a semester or year because I did not pass a test. Another requirement is two letters of recommendation. So now I have to focus on getting two people who are qualified to do so. The last requirement is the Grade point average. Different law schools have different requirements and averages for their GPA's. For example, Santa Clara has an average of 3.57. Whereas, UC Hastings is 2.4-3.5.

I want to get accepted to a really good law school. There is also the financial issue with attending Law school. For instance, attending Santa Clara averages about 35,000 dollars per year. UC Hastings averages 25,000 per year. I know I wont be able to afford it without any scholarships and grants which I should be thinking about soon. However, I still have to focus on the classes that I am taking this semester and the semesters to come. Although it was very helpful getting information on the two graduate schools. I still have to consider my options on different law schools to see which i am most comfortable with. There is so much to do before I graduate. Hopefully, all the stress will be relieved once I get everything done. However, I have a feeling different stress will come about.

3 comments:

Ann K. Levine, Esq. said...

If you would like more information about what you need to do to prepare yourself for the law school application process, please check out my blog at http://lawschoolexpert.blogspot.com
and/or my website at www.lawschoolexpert.com
There is certainly a lot to think about in this endeavor and I hope I can make it a little bit easier for you.

La Professora said...

Law school is expensive. On average, students take out loans totally $120,000. Another thing to keep in mind is that the UC regents voted to increase the student fees at the "vocational" programs such as law school.

As for letters of recommendation, the best ones come from instructors who have known you for some time. By "know you", I mean that you've spent some time in their offices or speaking up in class -- if they don't know your name, they're not the best persons to write a letter.

ahmed said...

I have gone through this blog. I found it very interesting and helpful. Nowadays I am completing my online degree course from home.
So this blog really doing great for me.


Bachelor,s Degreess